What To Do If You Have Been In An Accident
- Always have a family member photograph all vehicles involved and the accident scene (especially skid or scuff marks) as soon as possible after the accident.
- While you must cooperate with your insurance company and give them a statement, never give a statement to the other driver’s insurance company.
- Have someone photograph your injuries as soon as possible.
- Keep a daily diary noting what pain you experience, doctor’s visits and how the accident has disrupted your daily routine.
- Do not sign any forms provided by the other driver’s insurance company without first having them reviewed by an attorney.
- Call a lawyer as soon as possible, to assist you in preserving evidence and determining whether it is necessary to hire an accident reconstructionist.
Accidents Can Lead To Complex Situations
For more information and help after you have been in an accident, contact Scott and Scott, P.A., to speak with our attorneys Charles L. Scott, Jr. and Jennifer M. Chesney. To find out how we can help you, contact us online or call 410-398-0611.